Doylestown Veterinary Hospital & Holiday House Pet Resort are happy to announce the…Why I’m Thankful for My Pet Essay Contest for Kids 14 and Under!
From therapy dogs providing comfort or simply snuggling with the family dog to the purr of a cat at the end of a busy day, there are many reasons to be thankful for a pet!
Children 14 years old and younger are encouraged to write a brief essay (300 words max) about why they are thankful for a favorite dog or cat. Don’t have a family pet? Share a story about a special dog or cat they know.
Essays will be judged on creativity and details. Two winning essays–representing a dog and a cat–will be chosen.
The winning essays will be published in The Herald, co-sponsor of our essay contest, as well as on the Doylestown Veterinary Hospital & Holiday House Pet Resort websites.
Winners will receive a special gift basket for their dog or cat and a $50 gift card.
Meet the Judges:
- Dr. Laura Weis – Owner, DVH & HHPR
- Lori Busdeker – Director of Doggie Daycare, HHPR
- Michele Armstrong – Executive Director, Lulu’s Rescue
- Brenda Torrisi – President, Kitty Junction
Submitting an Essay:
Deadline for submission to Doylestown Veterinary Hospital & Holiday House Pet Resort is Saturday, November 30, 2013.
Be sure to include your full name, age, phone number and email or mailing address.
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax to 215-348-5406
- or mail to Doylestown Veterinary Hospital, Attn: Essay Contest, 380 N. Shady Retreat Rd, Doylestown, PA 18901
Winners will be chosen in early December and asked to stop by Doylestown Veterinary Hospital & Holiday House Pet Resort for their prize and a photo opportunity.